China is not only known as the most populous country in the world, but also famous for its rich cultural history with magnificent natural scenery, beautiful like a paradise and many famous landmarks around the world. Such as: Forbidden City, Great Wall, Phoenix Ancient Town, Jiuzhaigou…. All create a beautiful China – the promised land of those who are passionate about travel.
You are traveling or on business to China looking for a cheap CHINA TRAVEL SIM that can access social networking platforms (Facebook, Google, Zalo, Whatsapp …) to communicate with friends, relatives, post photos, find information and stay in touch 24/7, then this article will be very useful to you.
Sim2go.asia will cover all the important details about the different travel Sim cards in China, as well as all the aspects that you need to keep in mind such as how to choose a sim, where to buy a sim and ways can access Facebook, Google … without being blocked. This is an extremely cool tip that is suitable for those of you who are planning to travel to China on your own or on a tour!
1. Why should you buy a 4G SIM card to travel to China?
1.1 China blocks foreign Internet websites and services
Referring to the Chinese internet, it is impossible not to mention the world’s most complex and sophisticated content censorship system for digital content: “Great Firewall” or “Great Wall on the Internet” to control and prevent its citizens from connecting to foreign Internet websites and services.
After many years, the number of websites blocked in China has far exceeded 10,000. This blacklist includes names like Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp. Besides, there are also famous news sites such as Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal and New York Times. Of course there is also Google and all their services. Sharing apps like Dropbox are also blocked. Facebook is completely replaced by Weibo, Renren… Google is no longer a useful search engine in China but Baidu. Sending mail by QQ is also not a strange thing for people here.
1.2 Expensive international roaming costs
Currently, mobile phone service providers have deployed roaming services in China, but international roaming charges are very high, it will be inconvenient if you have a long phone call or need a lot of data to use with directions or translate apps, so this may not be the most economical way to use your mobile phone in China. Check with your carrier before your trip to see how they charge for data usage, calling, and texting.
1.3 Slow and unstable network access speed when using VPN
One popular tool used by travelers to China is a VPN, which you can easily download from the free Android and iOS app stores. So what is a VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network, which is an encrypted connection to a remote server, so you will be able to use the Internet to access applications without restrictions by firewall. The problem is that the Chinese government mainly manages to prevent these VPNs from working properly, and although these tools can bypass censorship for a while, the network speed will slow down and unstable. Different VPNs work in different regions and be prepared as the government can block your VPN at any time.
There is a note that you should install VPN on your device first in Cambodia instead of waiting for China to start downloading. Because some VPN service providers’ homepages will be blocked, making it difficult for you to download.
This tool will be a rather risky option to access the internet in China, and it will be very difficult for those who come to China for the first time, not good at technology.
From the above information, I have explained to you somewhat why you have to buy a 4G SIM card to travel to China. This is a plan to help you save the most money to spend on using the internet in China. Registering to buy a China 4G travel sim is now quite simple and the sim price is also relatively cheap. Owning a 4G sim means the Internet is always available to use. This will make your travel more comfortable and easy, even if you don’t know Chinese.
2. China’s three largest telecom carriers
China’s three major telecom operators including China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom offer sim cards to both Chinese and foreigners. Unfortunately, China Telecom’s Sim card does not work with phones purchased outside of China. This means that your phone must be manufactured and sold in China to be able to use this carrier sim. Certainly China Telecom is not the choice for foreign tourists.
While China Mobile is the market leader in China and has the best nationwide coverage. But since China Mobile’s 4G network runs on TDD-LTE, this is unique to China, so you need to make sure your phone supports TD-LTE Band 39, 40 and 41 if you want to use the sim of China Mobile.
China Unicom’s 4G travel sim card is the most chosen by foreign tourists to buy. With the advantage of being most compatible with foreign phones and you can use both 4G and 3G services. China Unicom’s coverage is no less than that of China Mobile.
3. Some basic things to keep in mind before buying a China Travel 4G Sim
- Like most sim cards in daily use, China Travel 4G Sim also integrates 3 sizes such as Nano, Micro and Standard on 1 Sim card, making it easy for you to install.
- Please order a 4G SIM card for China travel in Cambodia. Because if you order a sim in China, you will not be able to access Facebook, Google because of the Chinese Government’s policy to block these services. And sims that are bought and sold in the Chinese territory need to comply with these regulations.
- China travel 4G sim cannot be used for network locked phones (jailbroken iPhone phones, non-international versions). This is something to note for those of you who use a network-locked phone. Make sure your phone is unlocked.
- 3G/4G data/data only sim card will be the perfect choice if you don’t need a sim card including voice calls and text messages when you are in China. Sim data cards usually provide unlimited data access, so you can easily use apps like Whatsapp, Zalo, Viber, FB… to make calls and send messages.
- Alternatively, the other options Sim Data + Voice Call cards are only slightly more expensive and allow you to get a phone number so you can make and receive calls during your visit to China.
4. Buy China Travel Sim in Cambodia without blocking social networks, no need to install VPN
If you are going to China for the first time, have difficulty communicating and feel insecure when buying a Sim abroad, you should choose to buy a 4G Sim for China travel in Cambodia at Sim2go.asia. The advantage of this China 4G Sim is home delivery, comfortable use of high-speed Internet, unblocked Facebook, Zalo, Google… you just need to insert the Sim into your device and use it as soon as you arrive in China.
Join Sim2go.asia to refer to the types of China Travel Sim being sold in Cambodia:
GREATER CHINA TRAVEL SIM 15 DAYS UNLIMITED DATA
Package: 5GB data high speed 4G/LTE, Unlimited 3G @128kbps
Expiry date: 15 days from the date of activation, activated in China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan
If you plan to go to China for about 2 weeks, just need a sim to use data to access the network, no need to make voice calls, this is an extremely perfect choice. Sim can be used in 4 countries China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. Sim is provided by China Unicom carrier with stable signal quality. No need to register with the carrier, just insert the sim and use it.BUY THIS SIM NOW $ 17.50
CHINA TRAVEL SIM 5 DAYS 30GB & CALLS
Package: 30GB 4G/LTE high-speed data, 20 minutes of Chinese domestic voice, 10 text messages in China
Expiry date: 5 days from the date of activation, activated in China
If you are in need of a sim card with a phone number to call hotels in China, use data to find directions or use apps to translate, this sim card is a reasonable choice. With 30GB of high-speed data used for 5 days and 20 minutes of calling in China for less than $ 17.00, don’t hesitate to buy this sim right away! Sim2go.vn will deliver the sim to your home, just go to China to insert the sim and use it.BUY THIS SIM NOW $ 16.50
CHINA/ HONGKONG/ MACAU TRAVEL SIM 8 DAYS 7GB
Package: 7GB high speed data 4G/LTE, Unlimited 3G @128kbps
Expiry date: 8 days from the date of activation, activated in China, Hong Kong, Macau
China/ Hongkong/ Macau Travel Sim is a data sim used to access the network, not able to make calls. This is a short-term travel sim used in China. You can freely share photos with friends and surf the net with unlimited 3G data and 4G/LTE high-speed data up to 7GB. If you are a person who often goes to China, Hong Kong to trade, travel or work, you cannot ignore this Chinese data sim.BUY THIS SIM NOW $ 17.00
CHINA TRAVEL SIM 8 DAYS 6GB UNLIMITED
Package: 6GB high speed data 4G/LTE, Unlimited 3G @256kbps
Expiry date: 8 days from the date of activation, activated in China
China Travel Sim is a data sim used to access the network, not able to make calls. This is a short-term travel sim used in China. You can freely share photos with friends and surf the net with unlimited 3G data and 4G/LTE high-speed data up to 6GB. If you are a person who often goes to China to trade, travel or work, you cannot ignore this Chinese data sim.BUY THIS SIM NOW $ 18.00
5. Why you should buy a 4G China Travel Sim at Sim2go.asia
- Sim2go.asia is a unit specializing in providing convenient telecommunications solutions that help you access high-speed Internet at low cost and save data roaming costs when traveling.
- A team of professional consultants, dedicated support to help you quickly choose the right type of sim.
- There are a full range of travel sim cards for many countries: Korea, Japan, Australia, India, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Southeast Asian countries…
- Commitment to confidentiality of customer information.
- Buying and paying online is quick and convenient, with delivery and cash collection services or you can go directly to the office to buy a sim card.
- Cheapest China Travel 4G Sim price on the market today.
- Sim is warranted for quality, prestige guaranteed.