Japan is not only famous for Mount Fuji, beautiful singing and dancing Geishas, world-famous sushi, cherry blossoms, samurai warriors or cartoons, but also known to tourists as a unique civilization and the most technologically advanced in the world. Not only is it called Japan, but this country is also called by many other names, impressing many people when they hear it for the first time.
One of the top concerns of tourists when arriving in a foreign country is the use of the Internet for communication or route finding, foreign tourists. Especially young people seem to be extremely interested in checking-in, taking photos to share with their loved ones, as well as recording memorable moments in their journey.
In this article, Sim2go.asia will share the experience of buying a cheap 4G Japan travel Sim when going to Japan, hopefully the article will help you prepare your luggage more carefully and with peace of mind.
1. Why should I buy a 4G SIM card to travel to Japan?
1.1 Expensive international roaming costs
Currently, mobile phone service providers have implemented roaming services in Japan, but international roaming fees are very high, it will be very inconvenient and you will have to pay high fees if you have a long phone call or a lot of data is needed to use a navigation or translate app, so this may not be the most economical way to use your mobile phone in Japan. Check with your carrier before your trip to see how they charge for data usage, calling, and texting.
1.2 Free wifi hotspots in Japan have limited coverage, unstable quality
In order to improve the quality of the tourism industry, Japan has more and more free Wi-Fi hotspots in major cities as well as public places such as airports, train stations and convenience stores. However, in public places and cafes, even though there is Wifi, the access is very confusing, it is not easy to enter because it is denied or the hotspots force you to log in before using, or limit the access time access. Of course, if you are persistent and not too necessary, we still have free Wifi for a while, but is it really too time consuming?
Free Wi-Fi hotspots are a nice and welcome initiative, but their coverage is limited and you also need to consider the security risks if you really need internet access in these places.
2. Some basic things to keep in mind before buying a Japan Travel 4G Sim
- Like most sim cards used daily, the Japan Travel 4G Sim also integrates 3 sizes such as Nano, Micro and Standard on 1 Sim card, making it easy to insert it into your device.
- Japan 4G travel sim cannot be used for network locked phones (jailbroken iPhone phones, non-international versions). This is something to note for those of you who use a network-locked phone. Make sure your phone is unlocked.
- The 3G/4G data/data only SIM card will be the perfect choice if you don’t need a SIM card that includes voice calls and text messages while you’re in Japan. Sim data cards usually provide unlimited data access, so you can easily use apps like Whatsapp, Zalo, Viber, FB… to make calls and send messages.
- Alternatively, the other options Sim Data + Voice Call cards are only slightly more expensive and allow you to get a phone number so you can make and receive calls during your visit to Japan.
3. Where to buy 4G sim card in Japan?
3.1 Sim vending machines at Kansai International Airport and Narita International Airport
You’ve probably heard that: you can find almost anything in Japanese vending machines, and Sim is no exception.
These Sim cards have packages for 7 or 14 days. A one-week SIM costs ¥3,450 (about USD 31,37), while a 2-week SIM costs ¥4,950 (about USD 45). You pay with a debit card (Visa, Master Card, JCB, American Express, Diners Club), which means you don’t have to change foreign currency beforehand. The maximum data that can be used per day is 100 Mb, with a download speed of 150 Mb/s and data transfer of 50 Mb/s.
Before purchasing, users must register their personal information by scanning their passports on a scanning panel located on each vending machine. The device supports 2 languages, English and Chinese.
Vending machines are open 24/7, compared to airport kiosks whose opening hours are typically 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., and if you arrive before or after those hours, you probably won’t can buy sim.
3.2 Buy a 4G Japan travel sim at the telecommunications service counters at the airport
To buy a Japanese 4G sim or a Japan travel sim, the most common option is to buy it at the airport. After picking up your luggage, you go to the airport service counters and you will see a series of telecommunications service counters from the carriers and freely choose. When buying a sim here, all you need to do is listen to the consultant, and present your passport. Staff at the airport can communicate well in English, so don’t worry too much.
The price to buy 1 Japanese tourist sim at Narita airport, you can refer to:
- 1GB package: 5500 yen (including tax; about 50 USD) / 15 days
- 3GB package: 7500 yen (including tax; about 68 USD) / 15 days
- Calls on Japan Travel 4G Sim of less than 10 minutes are free. If your call is longer than 10 minutes, the call may be disconnected.
3.3 Buy the best Japan travel 4G SIM with cheap price in Cambodia
If you are going to Japan for the first time, have difficulty communicating and feel insecure when buying a Sim abroad, you should choose to buy a 4G SIM card for Japan travel in Cambodia at Sim2go.asia. The advantage of this Japanese 4G Sim is home delivery. In addition, this is an auto-activated sim, you just need to insert the Sim into your device and use it as soon as you arrive in Japan. Save time and effort in queuing and waiting at the airport, without having to show your passport, ensuring your personal information is secure.
Types of Japanese travel 4G Sims being sold in Cambodia:
JAPAN TRAVEL SIM 8 DAYS 100GB
Package: 100GB high-speed data 4G/LTE; Unlimited 3G
Expiry date: 8 days from the date of activation, activated in Japan
This is a 4G sim that is available for short-term use in Japan. Japan travel sim is available with 4G capacity, no need to recharge and register information. All visitors to Japan need a travel sim. If you don’t have the Internet, it’s frustrating, especially when you’re traveling. In Japan, buying a sim card takes a lot of time and effort, so many people are afraid to buy it. Now in Cambodia, Japanese sims are also sold a lot, for those who are going to travel, short-term business.BUY THIS SIM NOW $ 23,50
JAPAN TRAVEL SIM 15 DAYS 6GB
Package: 6GB high-speed data 4G/LTE
Expiry date: 15 days from the date of activation, activated in Japan
If you plan to come to Japan for about 2 weeks, just need a sim to use data to access the network, no need to make voice calls, this is an extremely perfect choice. With 6GB of high-speed data for 15 days, the price is less than $25, too cheap for a sim to use in Japan!BUY THIS SIM NOW $ 23,00
JAPAN TRAVEL SIM 8 DAYS 6GB DATA, WITH CALLS
Package: 6GB LTE/4G high-speed data; Unlimited 3G @128kbps; 20 minutes to make calls in Japan
Expiry date: 8 days from the date of activation, activated in Japan
If you are in need of a sim card with a phone number to call hotels/booking in Japan, use data to find directions or use apps to translate, this sim card is a reasonable choice. With 6GB of high-speed data for 8 days and 20 minutes of calling in Japan for less than $18, don’t hesitate to buy this sim right away! Sim2go.asia will deliver the sim to your home, just go to Japan to insert the sim and use it. Save money and save time queuing to buy sim at the airport, with complicated procedures.BUY THIS SIM NOW $ 17,50
ASIA PACIFIC TRAVEL SIM 9 COUNTRIES 5GB
Package: 5GB high-speed data 4G/LTE in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Macau. As for Hong Kong with 6GB of data for high-speed 4G / LTE
Expiry date: 8 days from the date of activation
Asia Pacific 4G sim is a 4G data sim that can be used to access the Internet in 9 countries of APAC. When you buy this sim, you will only need to insert it into your device and use it in any country on the supported list. You don’t need to buy a sim in each country like before.BUY THIS SIM NOW $ 16,50
4. Why you should buy travel 4G Sim Japan on Sim2go.asia
- Sim2go.asia is a unit specializing in providing convenient telecommunications solutions that help you access high-speed Internet at low cost and save data roaming costs when traveling.
- A team of professional consultants, dedicated support to help you quickly choose the right type of sim.
- There are a full range of travel sim cards for many countries: Korea, Japan, Australia, India, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Southeast Asian countries…
- Commitment to confidentiality of customer information.
- Buying and paying online is quick and convenient, with delivery and cash collection services or you can go directly to the office to buy a sim card.
- Cheapest Japan travel sim price on the market today.
- Sim is warranted for quality, prestige guaranteed.